Brig Elly Kayanja taken to Bombo
The Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Aronda Nyakairima, yesterday made a surprise reshuffle, transferring and appointing senior UPDF personnel in various positions.The biggest ‘victim’ of the reshuffle is Brig Elly Kayanja who has been a Special Presidential Advisor and Intelligence Co-ordinator. He has been replaced by Brig Sam Wasswa and he now moves to Bombo headquarters, were he will carry out unspecified duties. Full list of reshuffled officers below.
1. Brig Sam Wasswa from Nakasongola Cantonment to Special Presidential Advisor and Intelligence Co-ordinator for Special Duties. To be specified by Gen D. Tinyefuza.
2. Brig E Kayanja from Special Presidential Advisor and Intelligence Co-ordinator back to GHQs, appointed to carry out Special Tasks in the Department of Doctrine.
3. Brig J Sebagala, from Kabamba Cantonment Appointed Cantonment Commandant Nakasongola.
4. Col Dr P Bukenya Appointed Director Medical Services UPDAF.
5. Lt Col M Kaganda from Commandant Non Commissioned Officers Academy (NCOA) Jinja Gadaffi Barracks to Bihanga Training School Commandant.
6. Lt Col Bashaija Kayoora, from Chief of Personnel and Administration (CPA), Appointed 1Division Admin Officer
7. Lt Col P Mugarura from CPA, 2Division Admin Officer
8. Lt Col J Woguwale from UPDAF to Artillery as Division Admin Officer.
9. Lt Col J Abeka from 501Bde to Chief of Operation and Training, Appointed as Staff Officer
10. Lt Col Willy Mugisha, from Motorized Infantry, Appointed Director Logistics, UPDAF
11. Lt Col Mubarak Nkutu from UPDAF to GHQs Appointed Staff Officer D/CDF’s Office for Air Force Reserve Matters.
12. Lt Col Lutaya from UPDAF Appointed Staff Officer in Engineering Brigade (for Civil Engineering Tasks).
13. Maj Rebecca Mpagi from UPDAF Appointed Staff Officer in the to be created Directorate of Women Affairs.
14. Maj Festus Lubega, from CPA Appointed Service Brigade Admin Officer.
15. Maj Sam Bishuba from CPA, Appointed 45Bn Commanding Officer, Chieftaincy of Mubende Rehabilitation Centre (CMRC)
16. Maj Francis Kashaka from CPA, Appointed as 2Bn Commanding Officer (CMRC)
17. Maj Turyahikayo from CPA, Appointed 2Division Logistics Officer.
18. Maj Moses Lutaya Appointed Commandant, Non Commissioned Officer Academy Gadafi Barracks Jinja.
19. Maj I Nsubuga from CPA to Chief of Training as Logistics Officer.
20. Maj Bosco Mutambi from CPA Appointed Director Personnel and Administration UPDAF.
21. Maj G Wamala from CPA Appointed 305Brigade Admin Officer
22. Maj Paul Sonko from CPA to CPC Staff Officer
23. Maj Muhamed Bisa Appointed Director Engineering.
24. Maj Chris Rwakasisa Appointed Director Maintenance, Verification, Standardization and Inspection.
25. Maj A Kabogoza Appointed Deputy Director Engineering UPDAF.
26. Maj Bonny Bamweseki from CPA to 301 Brigade Admin Officer.
27. Maj Francis Irumba Appointed Director Training UPDAF
28. Maj G Turuma Appointed Chief Technical Officer (COT) UPDAF
29. Capt Hassan Oinebye from 2Div to Chief Logistics and Engineering as Staff Officer
30. Capt M Katambira from CPA – COT Appointed Staff Officer.
31. Capt Peter Ndiobo Appointed Director Airworthiness UPDAF.
32. Capt CS Lukoba to CPA
33. Capt Mboni Walimbwa from COT to Non Commissioned Officers Academy appointed Chief Instructor.
34. Capt Aloysius Beyoreka Appointed Motorized Infantry Brigade as Admin Officer
35. Capt Johnson Nuwamanya Appointed Director, Policy and Plans, UPDAF.
36. Capt Christine Nyangoma Appointed Staff Officer, in the to be created soon Directorate of Women Services Personnel Directorate.
The transfers and appointments which take immediate effect are aimed at improving the efficiency of service delivery as well as implementing recommendations of the Defence Reform Unit (DRU) in the professionalisation of the bi-service UPDF.
We wish all the Officers success in their new assignments.
Ag DEFENCE/UPDF SPOKESMAN