The competition, which started on April 27, has attracted 22 municipalities and 112 districts. It involves children ranging from five to 17 years and will last for a fortnight.
The games chairman, Martin Okello Okwir, said the children are divided according to age into three categories: 5-10, 11-15 and 16-17, while the publicity secretary, Dominic Otto, said he was impressed by a big turn-up this year; over 84 teams turned up compared to last year’s 71 in Mbale.
He says they screen the teams to verify the participants to ensure eligibility. The Education and Sports minister, Geraldine Namirembe Bitamazire, will officially open the competition this Wednesday.
Selevester Kimera, Kabarole’s chairman for games and sports, noted that the competition has brought a business boom to Fort Portal, while the DPC, Joseph Kihamba, says they have deployed heavily to ensure the children’s safety.
|< Prev||Next >|